We didn't do anything on this so far, because the fix is easy to do
(test for X'80000000') and this is at one central place in our dialog
system; all module calls are processed by this control module which
contains the CDE processing and the LOAD, if necessary (we call it a
"interface module").

For NULL tests of addresses, we normally do something like

LA R1,0(R1)      cleans bit 0 in 31 bit mode and 0 to 7 in 24 bit mode
IF (R1,Z)        generates LTR and Branch

but in this case we didn't do it, first because we assumed an address
from the CDE to be valid and second because we need the first bit to
know the AMODE (or for anything else, I'm not directly involved in the
maintenance of these "interface modules" - I'm a freelance consultant
in this area, but for some 10+ years now).

Kind regards

Bernd

Am Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2008 19:55 schrieben Sie: