On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:04:07 -0700, Gibney, Dave
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Well, I'm already TLS from my workstation to the original logon of
>TSO, and then I at least am so far always using the Hipersocket
>connection, so I see no security lapse. I don't have any good reason
>check it out using the path out of the CEC and back.
>  It does seem strange though if TLS isn't supported as you say.

I'm joining this conversation far too late to add my own "Does so!"
and "Can too!", but I did confirm the TELNET load module in the 1.8
SEZALOAD has an eyecatcher
    VS PASCAL RELEASE 2.0      06/13/06  15:31:05
Still Pascal, and "recently" recompiled.

I suspect that the developers would redo this client if there people
started needing it, but with the current need, why bother.

I don't know when SSL support was added to the Tn3270 server,
but I'm sure it was long after the client was ported to MVS, and I
bet the client has been functionally stablized since it was ported
(effectively, if not explicitly).

AT-TLS woun't help, either.  It does not support the Pascal socket
interface.

BTW, NetView for z/OS also provides a Tn3270 client.  It also does
not support SSL or TLS.

Pat O'Keefe