> >It's been my experience that it's much better to do as they  say.
New
> applications should exploit storage above the bar as much as
possible,
> IMHO.
>
> I agree with that point of view; I wish IBM would do as they say!
>
> -
> Too busy driving to stop for gas!

I think that many times at IBM the right hand doesn't know what the left
hand is doing.  If you work for a bank you have probably been in contact
with CPCS (Check Processing Control System).  The CPCS product hadn't
started exploiting 31 bit processing long after it was available.  At a
previous shop we had to have a separate LPAR for CPCS because we needed
to strip modules out of LPA and cut back on the CSA area so we had a
large enough private area to run CPCS in.  I think that problem has been
relieved by now.

Tom Kelman

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.