The text in your messages does not match the text in your WRITE
statements.  Are you sure you have the correct ACS routine?

-----Original Message-----
From: Lizette Koehler [mailto:snip]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:51 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: ACS Write Statement Limitations

I am trying to figure out how to correct this issue. I am at z/OS V1.9.

IGD01008I ***********************************************************

IGD01008I ** A  L  L  O  C  A  T  I  O  N    F  A  I  L  E  D  ! ! **

IGD01008I ***********************************************************

IGD01008I ** DATA SET DOES NOT CONFORM TO PROD NAMING STANDARDS    **

IGD01008I ** PLEASE CONTACT STORAGE MANAGEMENT FOR FURTHER DETAILS **

IGD01008I MESSAGES ISSUED BY STORCLAS ROUTINE HAVE EXCEEDED BUFFER AREA.
NOT ALL MESSAGES WERE WRITTEN.

 According to the DFSMS manual I am only allowed 110 characters.

However, I have the following coded
----+----1----+----2----+----3----+----4----+----5----+----6----+----7--
----+----1----+----2----+----3----+----4----+----5----+----6----+-
   WRITE '***********************************************************'

   WRITE '** A  L  L  O  C  A  T  I  O  N    F  A  I  L  E  D  ! ! **'

   WRITE '** DATA SET DOES NOT CONFORM TO SYSTEM STANDARDS    *******'

   WRITE '** PLEASE CONTACT STORAGE MANAGEMENT FOR FURTHER DETAILS **'

     EXIT CODE(22)

    END

Which is 299 characters (spaces counted).

Is there a way around this so I can produce more lines?  Or do I have to
reduce my content until it is at or below 110 characters?