On 6 Jan 2009 13:09:50 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>>for zcobol initial release at SHARE.  It doesn't test things like EXEC CICS or
>>Enterprise COBOL extensions such as EXTENDED-FLOAT, but it sure looks like
>
>There is no "EXTENDED-FLOAT" in Enterprise COBOL.
>There are floating-point data types, COMP-1, COMP-2, and "external
>floating-point".  There is a "FLOAT-EXTENDED" that is a part of the 2002
>COBOL Standard that we have not yet implemented in Enterprise COBOL,
>maybe you are thinking of that?

So what is the status of USAGE BIT and the other usages related to the
2002 standard for which there are existing SHARE requirements?  Proper
implementation of the standard floating point USAGEs (IEEE floating
point) would allow COBOL to cleanly communicate with JAVA while
leaving any existing COMP-1 and COMP-2 data as hex floating point. And
is IBM COBOL going to support the decimal floating point that has been
implemented at least on the z series and that was sponsored by IBM?