Hi Tim

We've met at several of your COBOL SHARE sessions in the past, and I hope
to see you in Austin.

You are correct, zcobol first release will have FLOAT-SHORT, FLOAT-LONG,
and FLOAT-EXTENDED usage options with global option to choose between
HFP, BFP, or DFP with DFP as the default.  Some might want HFP for
compatibility with older COBOL compiler results.  Some might want BFP for
IEEE compatibility with floating point in other target execution language
environments.  I think DFP is the preferred choice barring other constraints
since it gives precise decimal results up to 34 digits.

Don Higgins
d...@higgins.net
www.zcobol.org