Dave,

I always do my first IPL with the system as shipped.  I do a full system
replacement.  I have never shared spool with my test Lpars.  Management wants
my test systems totally separate from production, which I don't blame them for.

In this case I really can't share spool.  I have about 2500 PTFs installed for
compatibility maintenance, which I haven't been able to test yet.  Don't ask!

I'll probably try Linda's suggestion of making the checkpoint datasets bigger.
That won't take long.  If that don't work, I'll check the APF auth for the
linklist datasets.

Eric

---- Dave Kopischke <dgkopisc...@oppenheimerfunds.com> wrote:

> In my experience, the JES checkpoint size issue stops the IPL until you
> respond. At a minimum, you'd have an outstanding message to reply to.
>
> I was going to suggest possibly a couple dataset problem (I came across
> those because of size issues), but that also stops the IPL until you respond
> and should produce a message to respond to.
>
> I'd review your LINKLIST and APFLIST definitions and make sure they're
> proper. JES is not liking something.
>
> Why did you swap spool and checkpoints ??? I used the 1.7 versions and can
> roll forward and back pretty quickly. I even did a warm start of JES the
> first
> time up.
> --
Eric Bielefeld