On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:25:02 -0400 J R <jayare...@hotmail.com> wrote:

:>The RESERVE macro did (still does?) not directly do the hardware reserve.
:>Rather, it set a bit in the UCB to tell the next IO to the unit to prepend
:>a reserve CCW to the channel program.

How would that work with a conditional reserve? How can the O/S know if the
reserve can be satisfied unless the reserve I/O is complete?

http://www.dissensoftware.com