Many thanks for that review. I tend to take the "reports on productivity" from
"experts" with varying amounts of salt, depending on my experience with the
reviewer. Some reviewers are given as much salt as anchovies.

My personal desire would be something akin to ISPF available from a z/OS UNIX
shell (like from telnet or putty, not TSO). I don't know how ISPF is
architected. That is, how dependant it is on TSO and 3270. I'd expect very
dependant. But I would love it if it could use a "curses" or X terminal
interface, and maybe the TSO dependant parts would work properly in an IKJTSOEV
environment. However, I doubt that IBM will ever do this because they seem to
be pushing RDz as the wave of the future. They may be correct in that. I have
used the basic Eclipse on Linux/Intel and it is a nice IDE. For Java, I prefer
Netbeans. Probably because I learned it before Eclipse existed. And for simple
editing, I prefer vim or gvim. But I've also use kate, which is nice for
multi-window editing.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV