In <5011b406.8020...@bcs.org.uk>, on 07/26/2012
   at 10:17 PM, CM Poncelet <ponce...@bcs.org.uk> said:

>I did not say they had.

You implied it.

>I said "it is just as easy, and quicker, to put strings in quotes."

In the context of whether or not to use an ADDRESS statement.

>Yes, I know that. But "ISREDIT ..." is quicker to type than ADDRESS
>ISREDIT ... et al.

If you're issuing a very small number of commands or you have to
interleave environments a lot. If you're issuing a lot of consecutive
ISREDIT commands then it's quicker to type ADDRESS ISREDIT once and
then just type the commands without leading ISREDIT.

>So why should I spend 15 minutes typing ADDRESS when using
>quotes will take me only 10 minutes?

That's a bizarre question, after having claimed that you hadn't said
that the use of (or not) of ADDRESS had something to do with the use
(or not) of quotes. You can use address whether or not you use quotes.
You can use quotes whther or not you use ADDRESS.

>Are you being serious,

Are you? Or are you just playing dumb?

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>