On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:04:24 -0400, Gerhard Postpischil wrote:

>> I'd like it to prompt me:
>>
>>      Another session is active.  R(econnect) or C(ancel)?
>
>Yes, but you probably won't like it. The method is to implement
>a pre-logon exit, which entails doing your own screen I/O, error
>recovery, prompting for user id and password, etc.

You're right.  I don't like it.  How did you guess?  Actually, in HLASM
I could do anything, even write my own TMP.  If I wanted to.  If I
knew how.  Couldn't I?  And If I can prompt for passwords, I can
copy them.  Sounds like a security exposure to me.

>As a bonus you can allow multiple TSO sessions on the same
>system, something not recommended for the faint of heart.

Is this more frightening than multiple TSO sessions on separate
processors, which I do regularly?

Thanks,
gil