On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 07:03:10 -0700, Charles Mills wrote:

>How many times has this wheel been re-invented?
>
>Yeah, I could use DESERV for the PDS instead of reading the directory,

Does DESERV understand UNIX directories?  ISTR not.

And I suspect that ISPF still relies on reading PDS(E) directories as
PS data sets rather than using DESERV.  Likely a major reason for the
simulated directory support for PDSE.

And the DDLIST panel's MEMBER command will return only members
of PDS(E), not UNIX directories in mixed catenations, potentially
badly misleading when the name occurs in an earlier UNIX catenand.
PMR.  Got paraphrase of "WAD".

-- gil