I'm sure this is a feature, not a bug - and you can't change it. (Maybe setting
HIPERDISPATCH off in IEAOPTxx prior to IPL would change things, but
I doubt it?)

For the processors defined as initially online, I think you will always
find CPs, then zAAPs, then zIIPs.  Then you will see the same
order for reserved processors.  (at least on an OS with z196 support,
I wonder if an OS without that support was IPLed on a z196 if it
would assign the LPs like it would on a z10).

Physically, the pooling should be the similar to z10, but I didn't find
the exact text in the z196 Technical Guide Redbook that I did in the
z10 version (I may have missed it).

"Processor unit characterization is done at power-on reset time when the server
is initialized.
The z10 EC is always initialized in LPAR mode, and it is the PR/SM hypervisor
that has
responsibility for the PU assignment.
Additional SAPs are characterized first, then CPs, followed by IFLs, ICFs,
zAAPs, and zIIPs.
For performance reasons, CPs for a logical partition are grouped together as
much as
possible. Having all CPs grouped in as few books as possible limits memory and
cache
interference to a minimum."

Regards,

Mark