On 11/21/2012 1:04 PM, Jim Mulder wrote:

   So if you have changed your program to take work which used to
run under a TCB and instead run it under an enclave SRB so that you
can run it on a zIIP, you may experience some reduction in
serviceability because this work will no longer be automatically
stopped by SDUMP while SDUMP is capturing the address space.

And this restriction is *highly* inconvenient! >:0

In the old days an instruction fetch PER SLIP could be specified with A=SYNCSVCD and a "sticky" problem could be solved. Now you get msgIEA426I and a dump that is worthless.

Our zIIP-enabled code is designed to run in TCBs when no zIIPs are configured. Therefore, we can issue the customer a one-byte ZAP to disable enclave SRB use when a SYNCSVCD is needed to solve a problem. It's inconvenient, but it works. Any ISV with a design that *always* uses enclave SRBs is SOL. :(

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc