From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Charles Mills [charl...@mcn.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 12:11 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Where do started PROC errors go?

I have a program that runs successfully in a job. I just cloned the JCL
appropriately into a PROC. When I issue a START for the PROC I get a started
message and an ended message but no clue as to why it failed. (It is
supposed to be long-running, so ending is a failure.) I don't think it is a
JCL error because I get a JCL error message in that case, and I have
evidence that it actually ran "some."

The PROC includes //SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=H. (H is a held class.) I have strong
evidence that the program is getting far enough that it would have written
several lines to SYSTSPRT.

I see nothing in SDSF, even with PREFIX * and OWNER *.

Where is my output going? How do I determine that? How do I view it?

There is nothing in the PROC statement: //procname PROC and no operands on
the START other than the PROC name. The program is IKJEFT01 and a Rexx EXEC
FWIW. Again, it works in a job.

Thanks,
Charles