Try running the PROC in a batch  job.

You do realize that without proper setup the STC is probably using a different
userid.

On Thu, 21 May 2020 09:11:10 -0700 Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

:>I have a program that runs successfully in a job. I just cloned the JCL
:>appropriately into a PROC. When I issue a START for the PROC I get a started
:>message and an ended message but no clue as to why it failed. (It is
:>supposed to be long-running, so ending is a failure.) I don't think it is a
:>JCL error because I get a JCL error message in that case, and I have
:>evidence that it actually ran "some."
:>
:>The PROC includes //SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=H. (H is a held class.) I have strong
:>evidence that the program is getting far enough that it would have written
:>several lines to SYSTSPRT.
:>
:>I see nothing in SDSF, even with PREFIX * and OWNER *.
:>
:>Where is my output going? How do I determine that? How do I view it?
:>
:>There is nothing in the PROC statement: //procname PROC and no operands on
:>the START other than the PROC name. The program is IKJEFT01 and a Rexx EXEC
:>FWIW. Again, it works in a job.
:>
:>Thanks,
:>Charles