Hello!

From time to time (certain days in a month) we hit group or system limit. We
have different types of workload defined in WLM. Among others, most batch jobs
have the lowest priority. At the peek times they apparently get no CPU
resources, but when we make report at the end of the day, they managed to get
some CPU seconds. We would prefer that those seconds were allocated to
important online transaction.

There are two opinions amoung our sysprogs: one is that we should cancel all
low priority workload in order to help our online get all the resources, the
other is that that is not necessary, as batch isn't getting any online's CPU
resources anyway.

It seams that when you hit the limits things become more complicated.

Any thoughts about our dilemma? Any experiences with life on the edge?

Regards,
Natasa