We use LPAR Group Capacity to cap our system to 35 MSUs, for cost reasons.
We often have our LPARs "capped" by WLM. Sometimes for hours. But it is
mainly during cycle, when we have little CICS demand. However, on month
end, we experience this capping during the day. We have never had a "CICS
is slow" call. Our WLM service for CICS has a good execution velocity, and
perhaps most importantly, is marked as "CPU Critical". This latter tells
WLM to keep its fingers off of CICS's use of the CPU even if batch is
falling behind. I'd suggest looking at the WLM service set up for CICS, and
make sure it is high enough and marked CPU Critical. I don't really like to
"turn off" batch.