Listers:

My company has decided to forego FTP and go the SFTP way.

I have installed OPENSSH and have SFTP working.

I installed using the IBM user's guide and everything installed in the
default libraries.

My concern is, when we migrate to a new z/OS release do I have to do
the whole install again?

Can I, from the beginning, install all the SSH libraries in a different
filesystem so that when I migrate I can just mount the filesystem and
execute.
And later on install the new version Openssh.

Don't know if I am clear in what I am asking.

Just some tips on facilitating installing under a new release.

Thank you.