On 8/24/2020 9:57 AM, Bob Bridges wrote:
This is a really weird one.  My <Shift-PF9> key is not getting any response
from ISPF, and before you tell me it must be my keyboard or my PC, let me tell you
what I've tried so far:

In ISPF <PF9> is assigned the string "rfind" and <Shift-PF9> is assigned the string "rchange".  I'm in ISPF Edit
and attempt the command "c all agt own", and start hitting <Shift-PF9> in order to find and change selected instances of
"agt" to "own".  Nothing happens.

o  I test it by using <PF9>.  The rfind command works fine.

o  I try using the right shift key instead of the left.  No response.

o  I hit both shift keys a few times, in case one of them has got locked.
Doesn't fix the problem.

o  I reboot the PC.  No change.

o  Maybe there's something wrong with my ISPF change command; I "HELP" to
<Shift-PF9>.  Nope,
   <Shift-PF9> still garners no response

o  I type "rchange" manually on the command line; that works, so the problem
isn't the command, it's
    that the keystroke isn't being sent.

o  I check the keyboard mapping on my emulation; it claims that <Shift-F9> is
mapped to PF21.

o  Ok, maybe it's not the keyboard but the PC itself working with <PF9 but not
<Shift-PF9>.  So in Outlook
    I mapped both <F9> and <Shift-F9> to the '£' character.  Both <F9> and
<Shift-F9> produced '£'.  I
    conclude the keystroke is being sent.

I'm out of ideas.  If the keystroke is being sent by my PC, and the 3270 emulation is
converting it to <PF21>, why does ISPF not respond to it?  Any ideas out there?
 I'll take anything, at this point, no matter how unlikely.

---

/* All comes out even at the end of the day, and all comes out still more even
when all the days are over.  -Voltaire */