You might check the fiber path between the buildings. I think the link
budget on a CE LR is only 7db, so if you have some lossy fiber pairs and/or
patches you might be losing too much light.

Reference:
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/sites/default/files/inline-files/536468_GA23-0367-13.pdf.
- Pages 76 and 82

Joe