On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 03:34:19 +0000, kekronbekron wrote:

>Wondering why no one has suggested the all new USS file/directory dumping
>capability in DFDSS.
>the output will probably be huge.

I believe you've answered your own question.

>See if Co:Z SFTP can help in any way w.r.t managing the transfer process.

Do you need anything more than  "awk -w |  ssh useer@host "awk -r"?

awk has various options to control UID and GID of created files.

How would you deal with non-portable filenames created by e.g.:

#! /bin/sh
# Doc: Create files with non-portable names.

set -x
mkdir Weirdos && cd Weirdos && : >test || exit $?

set +x
awk 'BEGIN {
    for ( I = 1; I <128; ++I ) {
    FName = sprintf( "%03d foo%cbar", I, I )
    if ( match( FName, "/" ) ) continue
    printf( "%03d\n", I ) >FName
    close( FName ) }
}'