From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Charles Mills
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 8:47 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: (External):Re: Is there a JES2 command to submit a job?

*** EXTERNAL EMAIL - Use caution when opening links or attachments ***

Thanks.

> why not AUTO

Trying to keep things simple. Trying to avoid one more piece in the puzzle if
possible. Nothing whatsoever against AUTO specifically or the CBT tape in
general.

> issue SLEEP on schedule

Great idea. I will look into that.

> Self-perpetuating job, that submits itself as its last step

Something about that bothers me. A failure would end the chain until manual
intervention restarted it. I know, I am not being entirely logically consistent
here.

Charles