Hi, all,

Does anyone recall how MVS/XA was first distributed and installed?  e.g. was
there some kind of  a "starter system"?  If so, what was it? MVS 3.8J, or
MVS/SE or MVS/SP or what?

I seem to recall that someone told me that there was no longer any "SYSGEN"
process used to install MVS/XA?  So, how was this task accomplished?

Also, does anyone recall whether IBM made available any "optional source
materials" for MVS/XA, either machine readable, on magnetic tape, or was that
only available on microfiche, if it was available at all?

Thanks in advance for any details anyone can provide.

All the best,

Mark S. Waterbury