I don't have all the technical details, but there tends to be occasional
DASD movement where FDRPAS is used to non-disruptively "move' the contents
of a volume from one unit address to another.
Where I fit in is I have written a (rexx based) automation routine that
displays old/current IPL information to new/requested IPL information for
operator verification, but used the STORAGE() function to collect that
information. After discovering "moved" volumes don't reflect current values
when using STORAGE(), I switched to parsing console command output. It's
not the end of the world doing so, but I end up getting 50 words to look at
when I am only interested in 1.