From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin [0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 12:45 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IODF address

On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 15:59:45 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>Look at the address statement and at the descriptions of the available
>environments.

Is there a Rexx facility to enumerate "available environments"?  I suspect not,
but it
would be a good CbtTape.org candidate.

ADDRESS SYSCALL has a good selection of common C interfaces, but not
assembler/IODF.

CMS Rexx has a callable services library (CSL):

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSB27U_6.4.0/com.ibm.zvm.v640.dmsb1/cslfunc.htm
(I haven't used it.)  Perhaps more general; more cumbersome.
Something similar for z/OS Assembler Services might be a good
CbtTape.org candidate.

Farther afield, Regina has the Generic Call Interface
(GCI) which enables you to define any entry point in any system library
as an external Rexx function. GCI is built into Regina on many platforms.
I haven't used it.  Some interfacing may be required.

OoRexx?

Rexx interface left as an exercise for the student?

-- gil