Thanks Rob!
I think it's just ignorance on my part, but I haven't had much luck calling
assembler services from Rexx - only some of those mentioned in the
"Callable Services for High Level Languages". There are a LOT of those
services that look extremely helpful for getting precise information, but I
just don't know how to take advantage of them.