Hi Andy

"is it just that you're seeing the RC20 from the ISREDIT" - in this
particular version of the REXX it is, but as previously detailed I had
problems with the syntax of the CONTROL ERRORS statement.
"Does the REXX continue afterwards if you uncomment the code" - in a manner
of speaking, yes. The whole job terminates with RC990.
Here's the SYSTSPRT produced by running the uncommented REXX, with 'trace
i' specified:

     3 *-* parse source

     4 *-* arg dataset

       >>>   "*<input pds dsname>*"

     5 *-* say "PDS to be modified:" dataset

       >L>   "PDS to be modified:"

       >V>   "*<input pds dsname>*"

       >O>   "PDS to be modified: *<input pds dsname>*"

PDS to be modified: *<input pds dsname>*

     6 *-* "ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS RETURN"

       >L>   "ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS RETURN"

     7 *-* "ISREDIT MACRO"

       >L>   "ISREDIT MACRO"

       +++ RC(20) +++

     8 *-* edMac = rc

       >V>   "20"

     9 *-* "ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS CANCEL"

       >L>   "ISPEXEC CONTROL ERRORS CANCEL"

    10 *-* if edMac = 0

       >V>   "20"

       >L>   "0"

       >O>   "0"

    14 *-* "ISPEXEC LMINIT DATAID(DSN) DATASET('"dataset"') ENQ(SHR)"

       >L>   "ISPEXEC LMINIT DATAID(DSN) DATASET('"

       >V>   "*<input pds dsname>*"

       >O>   "ISPEXEC LMINIT DATAID(DSN) DATASET('*<input pds dsname>*"

       >L>   "') ENQ(SHR)"

       >O>   "ISPEXEC LMINIT DATAID(DSN) DATASET('*<input pds dsname>*')
ENQ(SHR)"
    15 *-* "ISPEXEC LMOPEN DATAID(&DSN)"

       >L>   "ISPEXEC LMOPEN DATAID(&DSN)"

    16 *-* Do until RC > 0

    17 *-*  "ISPEXEC LMMLIST DATAID(&DSN) OPTION(LIST) MEMBER(MEMBER)
STATS(NO)"
       >L>    "ISPEXEC LMMLIST DATAID(&DSN) OPTION(LIST) MEMBER(MEMBER)
STATS(NO)"
    18 *-*  If RC = 8

       >V>    "0"

       >L>    "8"

       >O>    "0"

    20 *-*  If RC = 0

       >V>    "0"

       >L>    "0"

       >O>    "1"

       *-*   Then

    21 *-*   "ISPEXEC EDIT DATAID(&DSN) MEMBER(&MEMBER) MACRO(&ME)"

       >L>     "ISPEXEC EDIT DATAID(&DSN) MEMBER(&MEMBER) MACRO(&ME)"

  ISPP330 BDISPMAX exceeded       -/-100 displays exceeded in batch mode on
panel

Regards
Sean