> > This is refreshable, and even runs on S/360
>
>           PTR      DC    A(0)
> label L     R15,PTR
>           LTR   R15,R15
>           BNZ   CALLIT
>           ...        ...  Code that always leaves the same value in R15
>           ST    R15,PTR
>  CALLIT   BALR  R14,R15

According to the manual no.

 refreshable:
    all or part of the module can be replaced at any time without notice
    by the operating system.  *therefore* must not modify itself in
    any way.

So if part of your address got refreshed (to 0) you would then branch
to some wrong address...

Most likely the way it is/would be implemented it wouldn't just refresh
a part of a fullword on a fullword boundary.  But that's not the what
the manual says it might do.

The first I saw of REFR was OS/MVT 360.  Aactual refreshing was only
mentioned as action by the machine check handler for storage errors in
parts of the nucleus.