On Mon, 8 Feb 2021 18:44:39 +0000 "Farley, Peter x23353"
<0000031df298a9da-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

:>There is a potentially meaningful performance hit only if the load module /
program object is marked refreshable.  For the non-refreshable case, the
one--time performance hist (the first time ST R15,PTR is executed) is trivial
compared to the potential cost of getting the called program address.

:>Don't mark such code refreshable and you will be fine.

I wonder if anything in zOS considers that a non-LPA page of a REFR module
need not be backed to paging, because if it is needed to be refreshed, can the
operating system really count on being able to reload the page from the
original load library?

In other words, does REFR mean anything to the OS other than the possibility
of loading the module into page protected storage?

http://www.dissensoftware.com