I still think there's a possibility its the session manager, most SM's can execute logon scripts, or macro's during signin, what SM do you use?

the macro's or scripts can be user or group specific

Carmen

On 6/9/2021 10:30 AM, Billy Ashton wrote:
Kolusu and Raphael, we checked 7.3, and issued L ZSTART, and in fact, scrolled through all 900 variables, and did not see anything for ZSTART or any variable with a Split or Swap command.

Next thoughts? This is really a strange puzzle...
Billy

------ Original Message ------
From: "Sri h Kolusu" <skol...@us.ibm.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu
Sent: 6/9/2021 11:17:15 AM
Subject: Re: ISPF startup processing

r example, while everyone else starts
 ISPF and has one window open, this user has 5 split screens defined and
 named, but he has no idea how.

Billy,

He probably has ZSTART coded. Check for the variable ZSTART from option 7.3
and it should show you how the 5 split screens are set up

Thanks,
Kolusu

*Carmen Vitullo*

/“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” ― Abraham Lincoln/