I agree, for the most part that's a great place to start if you do not have any user Rexx or CLIST in concatenation first;

I worked for a large Aerospace company that provided users the ability to add their own ISPF environmental datasets to the ISPF concatenation first, so all bets were off that it was ISPFPROF but a good place to look.

other factors now with different emulators, session managers, is the ability to perform startup ACL's or macro's

unfortunately I've worked at so many sites that I've found they all have a different standard for TSO/ISPF invocation, fortunately

also, since I learned so many different ways to get the same results :)

Carmen