Bob wrote “ A few of us (including me) posted "I once wrote a 30-line program
that worked right the first time", and what you heard is "am I not amazing,
wonderful, brilliant?  Do you not all admire me?"  Is that what happened?”
I hear the second part every day on the IBMlist.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, August 22, 2021, 3:40 PM, Bob Bridges <robhbrid...@gmail.com> wrote:

Bill, I don't understand what could have pushed your buttons.  For instance:

BJ> Comparing a 40 line REXX/CLIST “program” to a 10,000 line IMS/COBOL program
that scans a parts database is an absolute joke.

But the only one making that comparison is you.  (Maybe that's why you were the
only one laughing :). )

Maybe this is the key:

BJ> No bee in my bonnet. Just don’t like braggarts.

A few of us (including me) posted "I once wrote a 30-line program that worked
right the first time", and what you heard is "am I not amazing, wonderful,
brilliant?  Do you not all admire me?"  Is that what happened?

---

/* When it comes to cooking, five years ago I felt guilty "just adding water."
Now I want to bang the tube against the countertop and have a five-course meal
pop out. If it comes with plastic silverware and a plate that self-destructs,
all the better.  -Erma Bombeck */