In a separate post, I have said a little
more about rounding and alignment cases for
program objects.

  As to the Astonishment in POLA, I would
suggest that astonishment is relative to the
experience of the beholder, as illustrated here:

SPOCK: Captain, the Intrepid would have done all these things too, and yet
they were destroyed.
KIRK: Well, they may not have done all of these things. You just pointed
out how illogical this situation is.
SPOCK: True. It is also true they never knew what was killing them. Their
logic would not have permitted them to believe they were being killed.
KIRK: Explain.
SPOCK: Vulcan has not been conquered within its collective memory. The
memory goes back so far that no Vulcan can conceive of a conqueror. I knew
the ship was lost because I sensed it.
KIRK: What was it you sensed?
SPOCK: The touch of death.
KIRK: And what do you think they felt?
SPOCK: Astonishment.

Jim Mulder z/OS Diagnosis, Design, Development, Test  IBM Corp.
Poughkeepsie NY

"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> wrote on
09/01/2021 09:39:18 AM: