Key question is whether all those old Cobol applications are using LE at
1.12 level or are some pre-LE runtime?  Chances are the outsourcer will not
have the right pre-LE runtime available, so you'd have to port the matching
runtime with the application.  Being on 1.12 is very unfortunate as LE z/OS
2.2 introduced some incompatibilities which IBM rectified back to z/OS 1.13
(as LE guarantees upward and downward compatibility for all supported
releases).  Your applications may or may not run into these;  if they do,
it is fixable only by recompile under supported levels on 2.4 -- which will
be very expensive bill from that outsourcer.  Could be a lot cheaper to
keep that z10BC running :)