From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Charles Mills
Sent: Monday, August 1, 2022 7:18 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Running z/OS 1.12 apps on 2.4

Echoing what others have said, upward OS compatibility for compiled and linked
applications is a hallmark of MVS and its descendants. I would be stunned if
you had a problem with the COBOL apps. Trust but verify: you might want to run
a test or two on the new hardware. And it's not the end of the world, right?
You/they *could* recompile a failing application?

Is Easytrieve interpreted or compiled? My recollection is interpreted. If so,
it's hard to see how there could be an upward compatibility problem.

Charles

attachments from your system.