On Sep 29, 2022, at 8:19 AM, Mark A. Brooks <mabr...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Right, I'm not aware of a UUID for a z/OS system.
> Every system in a given sysplex must have a unique name.  In that sense
> SysplexName.SystemName might do the trick.  But ...
> Sysplex names are not necessarily unique -- test sysplex or DR site could be
> using the same name.

I wasn’t too worried about DR but that is a good point.  I think the best bet
is to document the requirement for unique SYSPLEX names and let that be the
high level qualifier as it were.  I figured for service providers they would
have some tenant ID for their customer but that’s just meta-data.  Thanks for
the input.

Matt Hogstrom

“It may be cognitive, but, it ain’t intuitive."
— Hogstrom