From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Dave Jousma [000001a0403c5dc1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2023 10:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: How to determine if Enhanced HOLDDATA received?

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:30:07 +0000, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>I'm concerned with the SMP side of things; as long as a PTF is correctly
>flagged as PE, I don't care about the APAR unless there is a reason to bypass.
>

>--
>Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
>http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

I cannot say for sure if that is the case or not.   When doing a maintenance
cycle, I'll pull the list from RL, and run an apply check/apply specific to
SECINT to satisfy audit requirements that we are applying vulnerability fixes.

   APPLY
           SOURCEID (
                      SECINT
                      )
           GROUPEXTEND
               (
                NOAPARS
                NOUSERMODS
               )
           BYPASS   (
                     HOLDSYSTEM
                     )
           NOJCLINREPORT
           RETRY    ( YES )

My last time was a week ago, and I was surprised at the number that needed to
go on to my pretty current V2.5 zone.

GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UI83571.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09625.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09744.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UO02058.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UO02059.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UI83640.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09561.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09564.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09567.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09570.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09665.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09697.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09698.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UJ09729.
GIM22701I    APPLY PROCESSING WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR SYSMOD UI83424.

Spot checking the first one, It was not fixing a ERROR PTF.

 Entry Type:  SYSMOD                              Zone Name: GLOBAL
 Entry Name:  UI83571                             Zone Type: GLOBAL

   Type:    PTF                   Status:
   FMID:
   Date/Time: 23.003   08:42:37   REC

SREL     Z038