Correct. I copied the article from the NYT & then reposted the paragraph in the
article which discussed the study.

Heh - I don't think those are rankings - just (former) links from the
article in whatever publication Bill copied from.

> >The largest cloud data centers, sometimes the size of football fields,
> are owned and operated by big tech companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon
> and Facebook.
> >Over the years, data center electricity consumption has been a story of
> economic incentives and technology advances combining to tackle a problem.
> >
> Do they use:
> o IBM z?
> o IBM supercomputers?
> o Others, such as overseas-sourced (specify)?

At one time Facebook published detailed specs for its homegrown PC servers,
in contrast to the likes of Google, Amazon, and Microsoft, for whom it's
all trade secrets. I've no idea if they've kept the specs current. Lynn
Wheeler wrote about this stuff a number of times when he was active on
IBM-MAIN, though mostly from an available-compute-power perspective rather
than a power efficiency one.

Tony H.