>When I worked at Chase bank, We had 117 LPARS and maintenance/clone was a 30
>minute task. So adding z/OSMF was never even brought up as a consideration.
>
>So while I understand the direction IBM is headed, its adding LOTS of layers
>to something that sound not be hard.   Running thru screens vs submitting a
>canned job, is hours vs minutes.

I completely agree with Terri, and I haven't even tried to use zOSMF (it is
still not up here). I also ordered 2.5 before serverpac was dead (and then got
delayed for a year by an ISV who could not deal with 2.5, so we had to wait).

Luckily I won't ever have to use zOSMF for installing because I'll be retired
before 3.2 comes out (which would be the one we'd go to). If I had to, I would
resort to CBPDO. After all, all I really need is the allocation jobs for dddefs
and data sets (that I massage anyway each release) and then apply/accept of the
function(s) and then apply/accept of all ptfs. For extra products I have always
resorted to CBPDO.

As for the direction IBM is going into (dumbing down z/OS sysprogs) - who is
going to find the problems when the next gen sysprogs don't have a clue what
zOSMF does and what services it uses? And don't tell me IBM support will do it
- they'll be dumbed-down next-gen, too, for the most part.

Regards, Barbara