On 8/1/23 10:26 PM, David Crayford wrote:
When you consider that a standard commodity rack server such as an AMD EPYC can support 128 PCIe lanes and up to 8 memory channels I would suggest x86 can handle a lot of I/O if you have the right gear.

I think it's important to note that all of these are distinct and germane:

 - what the hardware can theoretically support
 - what the OS can support
 - what is asked of them
 - what people are willing to pay for

Having the right gear is very important. Effectively utilizing it is also important.

Grant. . . .