> On Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 06:24:15 AM PDT, Rick Troth
 > <tro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think Jon Perryman first asked us to define mainframe. And I bit!
> [voice of Leonard Bones McCoy] "Dammit Jon! I'm a software developer,
> not a field service engineer!"
> But it really started with Andrew Hudson at Ars Technica getting a
> number of facts wrong.

The ARS Technica story made me wonder z/OS people think there is more than a
design difference between z/OS on z and Linux on Intel. Unix was ported ot
z/OS. I want to know why people think z/OS couldn't be ported to Linux. There
are people here who consider the article mostly true. What makes people think
that is more than a philosophical design difference? Would IBM be relevant if
it used Linux design philosophy?