I have seen Db2 unloads use vastly more (overall total) CPU when doing
parallelised processing, compared to non-parallelised.
Obviously you are doing reload (I presume) rather than unload, but the same
thing may apply.
So might be something worth checking/testing, if parallelism is relevant to
your situation.  Not just for the overall CPU aspect (which was never
determined as to whether it was an actual bug or not, as far as I
remember), but also with regard to the numerous threads that would be
trying to dispatch simultaneously, and the contention that would generate
on a single CP LPAR.