I can see both sides of this.  On the one hand I accept that once I'm used to
sticking my key into the door of the car, it takes time and thought (when I get
one of those new-fangled fobs) to turn it over and find the right button and
push it instead.  And why take time and thought when it saves no time and
effort; pushing the button, turning the key, they're about the same.  Nowadays
I've gotten as far as doing them both about 50-50.

I'm a fan of PC hotkeys; to take my fingers off the keyboard, put my hand on
the mouse, find the cursor, move it to the right place, then move my hand back
to the keyboard after pushing the button, all this takes (it seems to me) a
~lot~ more time than keeping my hands where they are and just hitting
<Shift-End> or <PF3> or whatever.  But if someone wants to keep on doing it the
way he's used to, I expostulate only mildly.

But (and now we get to the other hand) sometimes learning a whole new skill
really is worth the effort.  I've used the Dvorak layout instead of QWERTY for
ten or fifteen years now; it took me a week or two even to get started, and it
was a few months before I was fully reflexive (so to speak), but I'm not sorry.
 LaTeX took me a week, but it's SO much better than Word.  ooRexx I'm still not
really expert in, though I've been using TSO-REXX for decades.  I guess the
conclusion is that I'm often willing to make the effort, but I don't choose to
give others a hard time if they're not.

And besides, if others keep doing it the old way, that makes me special, right?
:)  Seriously, it increases my market value.

---

/* He can say "horse" in nine languages, but he bought a cow to ride on.  -Poor
Richard */