It was conceptually similar to a PDS and Members.

Regards,
David

On 2024-05-24 11:10, Pommier, Rex wrote:
David,

Since you are obviously my elder in the field, please enlighten me as to what
the VVDS was before the ICF catalog came along.  When I started, VSAM catalogs
were still a thing (as were CVOLs I think) but we never had them at my shop.  I
was taught that the VVDS and BCS structures were the 2 components of an ICF
catalog, created to overcome shortcomings of the VSAM catalog.  Did VVDS's
exist before the ICF catalog or were they introduced with ICF?

Rex