On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:07:51 -0500, Tom Marchant wrote:

>In any case, unless both the alias and the data set name resolve to
>the same user catalog, the alias is worthless.

That is one of the dumber design decisions I have ever encountered.
Simply, alias resolution should search for the RELATED DSN in the
catalog corresponding to its HLQ where it is, not that of the alias.

Multi-level aliasing would be nice, too.

And why is an alias of a VSAM DSN called something else ("PATH",
IIRC) rather than simply ALIAS?

-- gil