In
<offafe5c57.5a2683f5-on48257be3.002c050c-48257be3.00333...@sg.ibm.com>,
on 09/11/2013
   at 05:17 PM, Timothy Sipples <sipp...@sg.ibm.com> said:

>By the way, I'm rather tired of the implicit and explicit
>criticisms that Server Time Protocol (STP) has a separate charge.

The criticism is *not* that STP has a separate charge, but rather that
the automated setting of the time *ON A SINGLE BOX* requires STP,
which is chargeable. I don't recall anybody complaining that
sub-millisecond synchronization between boxes should be free.

>do you really want IBM to implement lower quality time services on
>zEnterprise?

As a free *option*? In a heartbeat. As the *only* option? Nobody has
asked for that. What they have asked for is the ability for a single
box to use NTP without paying extra for it.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>