 I usually don't disagree with Mark, but my experience is that without the XCF
communication Barbara mentioned (i.e. inside a sysplex), updating a PDS/E from
one LPAR can cause abends of address spaces in another LPAR that are actively
using the PDS/E.
 Specifically, when VPS from LRS shipped with all PDS/E including the CNTL
libraries, I abended my production VPS by modifying shared printer definitions
from the development LPAR.