Many C dialects do support long jumps as a language extension.

They began in PL/I where they were/are called out-of-block GOTOs.
PL/I's used of contextually recognized instead of reserved words is a
high virtue.  It is often caricatured as permitting constructs like

declare file file record sequential buffered ;

which does indeed declare a file named file.  Its real virtues are
that it facilitates language growth without nasty side effects and
makes language extensions, assuming the availability of a suitably
powerful macro preprocessor, easy.

The confusion of popularity with quality is misleading.  There may
even be an inverse relationship between language popularity and
language quality, although unpopularity is not an attribute that
should be sought after as such.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA