On 4 October 2013 06:03, Brian Westerman <brian_wester...@syzygyinc.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, as many of you have pointed out in this thread, IBM/CA/BMC
> software is seen as the "premium" choice for Systems Automation software,
> even though feature-for-feature, and cost-wise we have them well and truly
> beaten.

Great post Brian. It sounds like image counts for a lot in this world.
I thought that if it was easier and cheaper for single developers or
small companies to both develop and market their software that you
could potentially end up with a flourishing ecosystem of low cost or
free software, but maybe I'm just being naive. I wonder what would
need to change to make customers more comfortable with that model?
E.g. in terms of support from IBM.

Cheers,

Dave